photo aboutme_zpsb8b2c8a5.jpg  photo locals_zps94903aad.jpg  photo life_zps833f9710.jpg  photo style_zps18e553b9.jpg  photo travel_zpsab6f325a.jpg  photo seen_zpsfadfdee3.jpg

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Half Dead for (and after) Zombie Prom

Zombie Prom....yikes. What a night!

So every year KBUT, our local radio station, puts on Zombie Prom for their fundraiser at the Talk of the Town. It's a wonderful excuse to get all dressed up and go all out with, what seems like, the entire town. The place is packed, everyone is bloody and gorey, and things get a little wild.

Getting ready was an interesting experience for me. I went to Boomerangs costume warehouse in Gunni (it's incredible and a little overwhelming) to get a prom dress. I was going for old, pink, and sparkled, basically everything you didn't want in High School, and left with short, red and no sparkles. There may have been some temptation to just get a tux, but I refrained.

Kaylynn's Version


But going to Zombie Prom isn't complete unless you have two major elements...a date and a face that looks fresh out of the cemetery. The first piece is not relevant. And for the second, when a first world problem arises for the modern American girl what do we do? PINTEREST IT!-Zombie Makeup DIY. My pinspiration came from Kaylynn Sheets the criminal mastermind behind Publicly Private. (Her blog is probably my new favorite by the way.)

Step 1.
My own was not quite as glorious, partially because apparently I don't own any sort of white makeup or powder and partially because I have little to no makeup knowledge and struggle even with the daily ritual makeup. Oh well.

I started the process of basically just pretending I was going to actual prom. Curl the hair, lip stick, etc. Looking super cute. Because I had gone to all this effort is where the idea of looking "half dead" came into play, it was a shame to just look like a ghoul after all that work right? Sure, whatever Jes. Step one was to cover 1/2 of my face with a moisturizing face mask, two birds one stone! On top of that I put....this is embarrassing...the only white powder I could find, oatmeal! Which gave me the initial pasty flaky kinda gross thing goin.


Tada!
Blood, guts, and glory!
After that I split my face into two parts with black eyeliner and filled in my eye, just following the natural dark circles. <- fabulous. I did sorta the same thing as Kaylynn and colored in my nose, but instead of adding the teeth, I went for more of the Frankenstein version and did the sewn lip. I thought a great addition to this would be to break my jaw again, HA! and did the same to the bottom of my face. Final touches were in the addition of some darker contouring with black and green eye-shadows and to top 'er off, some blood. Messed up half of my hair and in general tried to make myself look like I'd been hit by a car.

Zombie Prom was a blast, hopefully it is a good indicator of the fun to be had on Halloween, which I can't wait for.

Sorry, I did a horrible job at taking in process pictures, but you get the idea and hey, I'm new at this. If you have any questions...ask away. What do you think?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment